How to create an external content page
The external content page type is used to directly access content such as websites, PDFs, videos hosted online or Youtube videos.
Please note: If you have multiple website or videos, a new page will need to be created for each.
To create an external content page
- Navigate to Content from the Navigation Menu
- Click Create a New Page from the right-hand options
- Select External Content from the list of page types
- Add a menu icon (optional)*
- Click Create
- Enter a Title
- Select the type of external content from the drop-down menu
- Website (Opens in app): A website will open in the shell of the app. This is used when organisers wish to keep their attendees inside the app. Please note: Media-rich websites are best opened in Chrome/Safari.
- Website (Opens in Chrome / Safari): Website will open in the default browser for the device (Chrome/Safari) outside the app. Please note: Media-rich websites are best opened in Chrome/Safari.
- PDF: URL to a PDF hosted somewhere online. This must include the format extension. E.g. document.pdf.
- Direct Video: URL to a video hosted somewhere online. This must include the format extension. E.g. video.mp4.
- Youtube (Full URL): URL directing to a specific Youtube video. This must include the full URL.
- Click Save
*Add a menu icon step is optional. Icons can also be linked to an App main menu from App Element in the Core
Article is closed for comments.